Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hummingbird



Yesterday, as I walked out onto my backdoor stairs, I saw a hummingbird. It was hovering just an arm's length away from me. My inner voice shouted, "You must get the camera," but I suppressed that urge realizing the bird would probably be gone by the time I got back. I just had to let go and enjoy the moment.  The bird seemed unaware of my presence, and I suspect it was hovering because it was wondering where to go next. I had never seen, and probably never will again, a hummingbird as up close as I did yesterday. The moment was so very magical and surreal that I felt what my father would describe as, "Days when you wish you can live forever."  Although, I admit not getting a picture of the hummingbird was slightly disappointing for me. However, the next day when I was in the Connetquot River State Park, I noticed at the feeders this hummingbird and got his picture. So, in the end, I had a complete and wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home