Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another Great Blue Heron

 
 
Great Blue Heron Perched on a Fence Near the Fish Hatchery at Connetquot River State Park
 
 
 
Today I had the great fortune of stumbling upon a Great Blue Heron  that was sitting on a fence near the fish hatchery in Connetquot River State Park. I have never had much luck photographing Great Blue Herons because they usually take off before I can even get my camera ready.  This one, however, seemed less timid than most. Unfortunately, I didn't have my bigger zoom lens on my camera, but I'm hoping I'll get another opportunity. Although most of these birds migrate south in the winter,  some will stay as long as there are open waters and fish.  Maybe if I get lucky, this one will stick around and we'll meet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home