Friday, July 3, 2015

Morning Walk

Screaming osprey

Chipmunk eating a mushroom in Heckscher State Park

Because I had to work yesterday evening, I walked my usual loop around Heckscher State Park in the morning.  When I came to the osprey nest near parking lot 7,  I met a photographer who was watching the nest. We spoke about the birds and he told me that his goal is to photograph an osprey capturing a fish in the Great South Bay. I was content with just snapping one of the osprey chicks looking as though it was doing an imitation of a screaming goat. Nearing the end of my walk, I came upon a chipmunk nibbling on a mushroom that had been growing under an oak tree. He was enjoying his snack so much so that he was oblivious to how close I was.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home