Saturday, July 28, 2012

Swan vs Muskrat

  
I usually walk in the morning at Connetquot but because it was raining today, I waited until late afternoon. My consolation in delaying my walk was the hope that I might see creatures late in the day that I don't normally see in the morning.  When I came to the bridge near the fish hatchery, I stopped to watch a family of swans as they quietly glided along the pond. The tranquil scene was suddenly interrupted when a muskrat swam in front of one of the adult swans. The swan thrashed at the muskrat, letting it know it didn't like the invasion of its space. The unflustered muskrat just kept swimming, going under the bridge that I was standing on. I waited and watched a few minutes but I did not see it cross under the bridge. I left the pond area because, like the swan, I didn't want close contact with a muskrat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home