Friday, September 14, 2012

Buck in Connetquot River State Park


Today I took a late afternoon walk in the Connetquot River State Park. It was a lovely afternoon, but surprisingly there was only one other person at the time walking there. As we passed one another on a path, he asked me if I had seen anything interesting, and I told him I hadn’t. He said that he saw some deer, which I also spotted at the beginning of my walk. He mentioned that in previous years he would see bucks in the park, but he had not seen any in a while. I also have not come across any bucks in the past couple of years, but as I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I am not too interested in deer. I walked for miles, at least four, and since I was on a trail I am not familiar with, I was worried I might be lost at a time when the park was closing. However, when I saw a sign for the artesian wells, I knew how to get back because I am familiar with the path leading to them. When I finally neared the parking lot, I was disappointed because I had not not seen anything of interest during my long walk, but then I spotted something amazing. There on a path leading to the parking lot, was a handsome buck. This seemed rather ironic since I was told by someone at the start of my walk that he had not seen a buck in the park for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home