Monday, December 2, 2013

Eastern Bluebird


As I was nearing the end of my walk yesterday morning at the Connetquot River State Park, I met the park manager and I asked him if he had seen anything interesting. He said he saw a Towhee near the corral. When I got to that area, I not only spotted the Towhee, but I also saw an Eastern Bluebird. As far back as the 1970s (probably even earlier), the Great South Bay Audubon Society has been trying to attract bluebirds to our area by building birdhouses for them in Connetquot River State Park. Apparently, their work has paid off because you can sometimes spot the birds there, often times near the birdhouses created for them. This is not the first time I have seen an Eastern Bluebird in Connetquot, but it is the only time I got decent enough photos of one to post. I find them difficult to photograph, so I have to settle on these pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home